Barrick Career Summit
The Canadian International Military Games Corporation (“CIMGC”) presents the Barrick Career Summit. By pre-registering your attendance, you may be able to enter into a prize draw on the terms and conditions below (the “Prize Draw”). Please read the terms and conditions carefully before entering.
No Purchase required
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
To be eligible to enter into the Prize Draw and receive a prize, you must pre-register for the Barrick Career Summit 2017 (the “Summit”) online using a valid email address AND attend the Summit, which is being held at 123 Queen Street West at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. People under the age of 19, employees of CIMGC or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw. Limit of one entry per completed Summit pre-registration form (and such form can only be submitted once).
- How to Enter
You may enter into the Prize Draw until pre-registration for the Summit closes on September 27, 2017.
To enter, you must pre-register your attendance at the Summit by following this link: http://ig2017careersummit.com/register-to-attend/
When pre-registering, you must indicate which day (or both) you plan to attend the Summit.
- Draw and Winner Selection
The maximum number of people that can pre-register and enter the Prize Draw for the Summit is 800. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
40 winners will be randomly drawn once Summit pre-registration closes and they will be contacted via the email address provided in the Summit pre-registration form between August 15th – September 28th, 2017 notifying them of the time, date and location of when to collect their prize. The prizes will be presented at the Summit’ Registration Desk in the Osgoode Ballroom Foyer on September 28 and 29.
If the winner fails to contact the Summit’s Registration Desk within the 2 days of the Summit, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CIMGC shall be entitled to select another winner.
- Description of Prizes
The prizes will be a selection of branded merchandise from various sponsors of the Summit.
5. General Rules
a. By entering the Prize Draw, each entrant agrees to abide by these terms and conditions. This Prize Draw is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the CIMGC with respect to all aspects of this Prize Draw are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
b. The prizes shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited.
c. CIMGC reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Prize Draw and/or Summit in any way, without prior notice or obligation.
d. All Summit pre-registration forms and entries into the Prize Draw are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. CIMGC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the CIMGC. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the CIMGC in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the CIMGC.
e. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to pre-register for the Summit or enter the Prize Draw may disqualify you from entering, participating, and winning prizes. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any of the terms and conditions will be judged void. All entries become the property of CIMGC upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
f. Without limitation, the CIMGC and its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the Summit-hosting website during the promotion period; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Prize Draw entry to be received by the CIMGC and its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the CIMGC and its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in completing the Summit pre-registration or Prize Draw application.
g. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
i. You acknowledge and agree that where the CIMGC collects, uses or discloses Your personal information in the course of commercial activities under for the Summit, the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act, as amended (“PIPEDA”) may apply to such personal information (“Personal Information”) and all records created in connection therewith (“Records”) (as such terms are defined in PIPEDA). The CIMGC agrees that it shall be responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for its compliance with the following principles:
(1) The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the CIMGC at or before the time the information is collected;
(2) The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate as set out in PIPEDA;
(3) The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by CIMGC and collected by fair and lawful means;
(4) Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes;
(5) Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used;
(6) Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information;
(7) CIMGC shall make readily available to individuals, specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information;
(8) Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information and able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate;
(9) An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for CIMGC’s compliance.